After Annu Kapoor claims of getting robbed in France, filmmaker Hansal Mehta also shares a similar experience

Director Hansal Mehta has revealed his own story of being robbed in France as he responded to actor Annu Kapoor’s video, in which he said that he had been robbed of valuables during his Europe tour. Opening up on his own experience in France, Hansal said that he, as well, confronted a similar fate as his cash and cards were stolen and he didn’t have money to return to his hotel, all while carrying his two little daughters along.

Hansal took to his Twitter account on Friday to reveal his story. He penned, “Saw a video of Annu Kapoor sir who was looted in France of his valuables and belongings. Had a similar experience at the Louvre museum where my wallet was picked and I was literally stranded without cash, debit or credit cards. More than anything else you feel terribly violated.”

He also said, “I had my little daughters with me and had to frantically call my wife to either fetch us as we had no means to pay for our trip back to our hotel. Rest of the trip, a family vacation was ruined because of the anxiety and inconvenience caused by this theft. The cards were blocked.”

Saying the thief didn’t gain much, he added, “And totally worthless/useless to the thief. There was hardly any cash. Moral of the story: When in France beware of being robbed like this. India is often unnecessarily maligned.”

 

Annu had shared a video from Europe on Thursday about his terrible experience in France. He said in the video, “My Prada bag was stolen, which had a lot of cash in Swiss franc and euros, my iPad, my diary and credit card. They stole everything, so whenever you visit France, be very careful as there are pick-pockets, dishonest people and thieves here.”